Tenganan is one of the oldest Balinese traditional villages, located in Karangasem Regency, in the eastern part of Bali.
This village is really well-known for the cultural literature science of Tenganan Pegringsingan, which is very famous on the island
Tenganan Village is one of the oldest Balinese Ancient Villages located in Karangasem Regency, east part of Bali. This Bali traditional village is much referred by cultural literature science of Tenganan Pegringsingan, very famous literature in the island. It own very unique local community life pattern that only available in Bali Ancient Villages (Hindu Prehistoric). It is different with other villages existing in this island. Furthermore, Tenganan Village has been appointed as a place for tourist destination in Karangasem Bali. Moreover, it can present the attractive and unique matters which able to add the variation of object and fascination for tourist to come.
Tenganan Village, Bali Ancient Villages presenting the unique traditional culture
The specification of tourism object at Tenganan Village is consisted of:
- Countrified pattern of rural having the character of Linear
- The structure of bilateral society orientation at seniority collective
- Special Ritual System in high frequency by serving the religion solidarity, artistically and social mechanical solidarity
- The tradition of Mekare-Kare on every June is a faith tradition as the screw pine in ritual context, religion value, spirit of struggle as well as test of physical delaying accompanied by traditional gamelan of Selonding
- The Art Crafting Weave of cloth fastens are famous called by Ikat Pangringsingan. It is designed and arranged by the typical color.
Bali Ancient Villages – Tenganan Village Geographically
Tenganan Village is also called by Bali Age Village geographically situated among the hill in west and east part of this village. Furthermore, this village’s location in Manggis sub district and Karangasem Regency or about 1 hour drive from Denpasar Town. Meanwhile, it is a small village consisted of three Banjars (group of local community) those are Banjar Kauh, Banjar Tengah and Banjar Pande. Meanwhile, the regional of this village is consisted of three complexes those are resident, plantation and rice field complex.
Tenganan Village – Bali Traditional Village History
Tenganan infrequently as expressed in various versions. The first version states that Tenganan Residents come from Paneges Village, a small village in Bedahulu, Gianyar Regency. The second version says that the word Tenganan in Bali inscription bearing the letters Tranganan. The third version says that Tenganan Village Resident prays to the Bukit Lempuyang Temple. The Tenganan word is ascribed by a Tengah root. It means to aim to middle of Pegringsingan, the fasten cloth weaves produced by Tenganan village resident.
The Resident Structure of Tenganan Village
It is different like other common villagers in other Bali Traditional Village. The structure of resident in Tenganan village is built in linear consisted of six rays. Each of ray consisted of some lawn broadly, the building form where the local community use it to present the handicraft for tourists. All the tradition existences of the human being are harmoniously with the God, human and environment as according to Tri Hita Karana concept. The Tourism Destination of Tenganan remains to draw during the time, goodness as tourism cultural object, tourism nature and agriculture tourism.
Additional Tour Information:
- Download travelling BALI Apps - The Ultimate Bali Holiday app totally for FREE available on App Store and Google Play also customize your Tour during your trip or plan your holiday with the "my favourites" button in advance.